IAM MODERNIZATION FOR NONPROFIT EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION
A nonprofit educational organization with a mission to address educational inequity recognized the need to enhance its security processes to support its ongoing growth. Microsoft Designated Security Solutions Partner, Valorem Reply, came in and helped implement a new Identity and Access Management (IAM) environment for this organization by replacing 31 of their existing Okta applications with the equivalent Microsoft Entra technologies. By implementing Entra, we are improving their Bring Your Own Identity (BYOI) and multi-factor authentication experience, which will reduce friction for applicants as well as increase participation and programmatic impact. This ultimately reduces risk, decreases insurance and server costs, and minimizes their operational support burden which will result in substantial cost savings.
Challenges and Opportunities
- Current third-party security tools becoming increasingly difficult to manage and costly.
- Complex security infrastructure creating friction among users and leaving a heavy burden on operational support.
- Strengthen the security posture around Identity and Access Management to prevent identities from being compromised.
- Replace Okta SSO and MFA with equivalent functionality with Microsoft Entra technologies.
- Implement Azure-based authentication for new and existing external facing applications.
- A modern Identity and Access Management environment capable of supporting the organization’s security infrastructure in the long term.
- Simplified architecture leading to faster time to delivery for new solutions.
- Significant cost savings from reducing on-premises server costs, decreasing operational support burden, and minimizing insurance costs.
- Enhanced user experience with bring your own identity and multi-factor authentication, increasing participation and programmatic impact.